Ant Control Tips For Spring
PUBLISHED ON May 3rd, 2012
The ants go marching one by one… into your house. As the spring weather starts to warm, it’s common for a Eugene pest control company to start getting more and more calls about these picnic-crashing and kitchen-invading pests. Instead of waiting for the ants to make an appearance in your home, take preventative action now.
To prevent ants from entering your home:
- Hire a Eugene pest control service to do a home pest inspection and show you the vulnerable spots in your house.
- Never leave food out in the open for extended periods.
- Eliminate sources of standing water, such as an unattended indoor leak.
- Use lidded trashcans.
- Go over ant trails with water and a mild dish detergent.
- Keep your yard nicely manicured.
- Eliminate piles of leaves and yard waste, as those are the perfect areas for ants to nest.
- Trim back tree branches that overhang your home.
- Avoid using mulch or a ground cover around the foundation of your home.
- Seal any cracks along the exterior walls of your home.
If you do find yourself with an ant invasion, call a Eugene pest control company to help you take care of the problem. Choose a Eugene pest control service that is committed to using the safest methods to help you with your ant problems.
[ Photo by: Kecko, on Flickr, via CC License ]