Eden’s Guide for a Pest-Free Thanksgiving
PUBLISHED ON November 18th, 2014
The only thing that our Oregon and Washington pest management professionals want you to worry about his season are baking the perfect turkey and eating your fill of pumpkin pie. The chilly fall months are the time of year when pests tend to make untimely appearances. Eden’s pest control experts bring you their best tips to keep your Thanksgiving festive and pest-free.
The Ultimate Guide to Keeping Thanksgiving Pest-Free
Check out the following links to learn tips about:
Quick Tips from Pest Control Experts
- Keep your food preparation and cooking surfaces clean before and after meals.
- Clean spills and crumbs right away.
- Use lidded airtight containers to store food, particularly those in the pantry.
- Store your firewood outdoors in a sheltered area and off the ground.
- Seal cracks and holes in the exterior walls of your home.
- Ensure that door sweeps and weather stripping around your windows are in good condition.
- Promptly wash dishes and put away leftovers after eating.
- Regularly vacuum floors, particularly in the kitchen and dining room.
- Regularly rake the fallen leaves in your yard.
Pests are simpler to prevent than control. By keeping your home clean and sealed, you’ll take strides in keeping pests away. If you suspect that you have a pest problem in your home, call Eden Pest to schedule an inspection right away.
[ Photo by: mjmonty, on Flickr, via CC License ]